Monday, November 19, 2007

Welcome to my new blog

I have finally decided to take the plunge and create a blog. After Thanksgiving, when I have a bit more time, I will start adding some real content. But I have been thinking about doing this for a while, and thought that there’s no time like the present to get my feet wet.

I’ve tried keeping a paper sketchbook, but haven’t been faithful to it, and can never find it when I want to use it. Sketches and ideas always end up on scraps of paper. So a little more than a year ago, I started keeping a kind of private offline blog just for myself in Microsoft Word. It has been a great place to gather thoughts, quilt ideas, sketches, and finished quilts. Now I will be able to share these same things.

I will keep my posts art and quilt related with lots of pictures. My posts are likely come in spurts like my quilts do. I will post when I have something interesting to share and when I have time.

In the meantime, if you want to see some of my latest quilts you can visit a shared blog for the “Fast Friday Fabric Challenge” group that I belong to: http://fastfridayquilts.blogspot.com/search/label/Linda%20Cline

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! You need to create a header with one of your creations. Join the artful quilter's webring. Are you in SAQA? If so join their web ring. I look forward to seeing your work.

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Linda,
Well, congrats on the beautiful job on setting up your blog and business card...they look great!
Cynthia

Jaye said...

Hi Linda,
Nice job so far on the blog. I liked what you said about sketches and visual journals. I have been musing about that for awhile, but haven't done much about it yet, except buy some supplies. I do think doodling and messing around in different formats is good for quiltmaking - for inspiration or to get through blocks.
Jaye (CQFA)
artquiltmaker.blogspot.com