Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Fabric Apple

Another apple was sacrificed this morning today to use for a model, and the large apple that will be in the foreground has been started using my brightest reds. I have fused Wonder Under to the batting, and may use my mini-iron to fuse-baste the larger pieces down before I can tuck background pieces in around it.

My husband says I should do something more interesting than an apple quilt, which gave me doubts even before I started this quilt. I think how you approach a subject can be more important than the subject itself. This apple is looking yummier than the real thing. I think I’ll keep going.

3 comments:

Cathy Kleeman said...

Sometimes husbands can be real downers when giving comments on our art. I like your apple very much and think you should pursue the idea wherever it takes you.

laura west kong said...

I agree with you--the apple is great! The most ordinary subjects often make the most interesting art.

Anonymous said...

I love your apple quilt! I had an art teacher who was obsessed with the lowly potato. Nearly every painting! but it was amazing just how different each one turned out.