Thursday, January 10, 2013

A New Background for an Old Work in Progress

I’m trying to finish up some older things to make room for some new project ideas.

I have replaced most of the background fabrics in this piece which I started in 2006 and got out again last week. I am starting to like this piece up close, but I can see it needs some work with more contrast when I stand back from it. I need to decide if I will add paint or change some of the fabrics to make the composition more successful.

I have it up on my design wall now next to this piece, and noticed it had many similarities to this quilt I did in 2011. It seems I have a series going quite by accident.

Nina Marie has chosen the word Productivity for 2013. She has been finishing projects as well. Things I plan to do for 2013 so I can make Productivity my word also:

  1. Finish this quilt (any ideas for a title?)
  2. Finish up the quilt made with “starter scraps” (began in November)
  3. Make Camilla a skirt (from fabric purchased several months ago)
  4. Make canvas shopping bags (got fabric last week)
  5. Complete several acrylic paintings for a class I am starting in a week and a half
  6. Get started with the new quilting ideas which are in my mind still

I saw a preview of “The Watercolor Show” as it was going up in at the Cinema Place Gallery in Hayward this week. It looks like it will be a fabulous show.

1 comment:

Nina Marie said...

Well I think we should keep each other going all year - promise?! We both sure have our work cut out for each other!