Saturday, November 17, 2012

Watercolor Portrait Completed


When Camilla was two, we were vacationing in Colorado. This watercolor was done from a photo taken on that trip.

The technique for this assignment was glazing, meaning many layers of very watered down transparent layers laid one on top of another to build up the color. I like the results, but didn’t enjoy the process, so this will probably be the last painting I do entirely in glazing. I have used glazing in a limited amount in other paintings where I need to change or darken a color. It also worked nicely to get soft color changes in the face.


Here is a detail of the in progress quilt started last week.

1 comment:

Julie said...

That watercolor technique is really beautiful. The quilt, as usual is absolutely gorgeous in the details!!! I just love seeing everything you do!