Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Quilt Rescue Continues

Steps I have taken so far to rescue this quilt:

  1. Attempt to fix color and contrast problems them with fabric markers and paint
  2. Fixed some problems but also created more problems because of my timid approach
  3. Procrastinated for several days while I decided to continue working on this project or abandon it all together
  4. Decided it’s better to risk ruining the whole thing than putting it back in the drawer for another several years
  5. Abandoned all caution, and attacked with paint in bolder colors

This still isn’t my favorite piece, but I am encouraged by the direction this is going. I will continue with it this week. I think I will add more color to the still black and white fabrics before I start quilting.

No comments: