Sunday, July 19, 2009

Summertime Excursions & Projects

Yesterday we visited relatives & friends an hour away in Tiburon. We went for a couple mile walk down the bike path for lunch. That’s the Golden Gate Bridge poking up out of the fog. On the way back, I picked up some succulent branches that were broken off of the landscaping along the path. I am going to see if I can get them to root.

Ten year olds get restless after school has been out for a month. I let Camilla use my fabric paints. We have added batting, and I showed her how to add quilting with embroidery floss. No backing yet, because this way it is easier to sew through, and we can hide all the knots at the end. We will add a back when she is done.

2 comments:

Camilla said...

It's fun learning to make a quilt. This quilt is especially fun, since I get to do the quilting.

Julie said...

I love to see young girls learning to quilt...and sew! Good luck Camilla!!!