Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dinah & Dino

Hi! My name is Dino. I’m the blue one on the right. Camilla made me, because Mom brought home a book called “Stupid Sock Creatures” by John Murphy from a garage sale this weekend. The green one is Dinah. She’s my best friend. Mom made her. I have a tail, but Dinah doesn’t. We’re modeled after Wronky, but look nothing like him. There are no patterns in the book, just instructions to eyeball everything. That makes each of us a little different, just like God made creatures.

Camilla did most of the sewing on me herself with just a little help. Mom sewed our arms on the sewing machine, because there were a lot of layers to sew through, and she wanted to make sure they stayed on well. Then Camilla and Mom got a little tired of all the hand sewing, and Mom used the sewing machine a bit more on both of us.

Camilla says she had lots of fun making me, and might make a pet for us.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, Dinah and Dino...you both look fabulosa!!! Your seamstresses did such a great job creating you! That book they used to make you sounds so neat...thank God for it, or where would you be now...or would you be now??????

Hmmmmm...

Jaye said...

This looks like a really fun project! CraftSanity had an episode about sock creatures, interviewing John Murphy. You can find it at: http://craftsanity.com/?p=206