Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Week 2 Continues & Painting Embroidery Floss

My landscape is halfway stitched. Some of my fabrics are a bit tightly woven, making it hard to needle through especially where they are doubled.

I didn't find a shade of floss I was looking for at home (maybe I'm just to picky, but I made up my mind what I wanted). I like variegated floss, but hate how most commercial variegated threads go from bright saturated colors to almost white.

My solution was to paint some of my lighter colored floss with Setacolor paints diluted a bit with water Wind in a loose skein, dab the color on (a bit darker at one end of the skein), blow dry, heat set with the iron. Now I have "hand dyed" floss which was ready to use in about 20 minutes. I suppose you might call me color obsessed.

No comments: