Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Progress on the Black & White Still Life

I made some small changes based on comments I received from Pamela and others and have begun the stitching on my quilt.

The stitching is taking more time than I usually like to spend on handwork, but I love the texture that it is adding. I tried to make a join in the white fabric inconspicuous with regular sewing thread, but instead switched to off-white embroidery floss and a herringbone stitch. It seemed to be making a little landscape out the window, so I added another more horizontal line of herringbone just above the join for a horizon.

The idea of a windmill (another wind machine to go with the wind chimes) near the horizon keeps nagging me. It would need to be small in subtle colors to be out near the horizon and not distract from the rest of the quilt.

No comments: