Saturday, April 26, 2014

Anthropomorphic Sketches

Yes, the backpack drawing from last week is meant to represent Minnie Pearl. I was trying to think of a celebrity who had a recognizable personality beyond a character they portrayed. It seems Minnie Pearl was nearly always in character. If you know anything about her, I suppose the price tag was a huge clue.

This week we drew sketched Anthropomorphic objects. It was fun to look at objects and figure out what kind of human characterics I could give them. As soon as I sketched a foot on the heel of a pump, the top of the heel resembled a hip. I call this a “barefoot” shoe, since the shoe isn’t wearing a shoe.

Putting a face on the head of hammer seemed like an obvious choice. He looks angry. Maybe because his nose gets sore when he’s working.

No comments: