Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Sewing Projects


School is out for both Camilla and me, so we have time to do some sewing. Camilla is working on another sock creature. I decided to try my own hand at creating a stuffed creature of some sort. I began by looking through my scrap bag for an interesting start to a face, and continued with no plan and no expectations. Now that the face is done, I’ve decided it should be part of a quilt, and not a dimensional creation.

Then I set it on top of this quilt. I started this quilt three years ago in a Pamela Allen class. It has been on my design wall since then, because it needed something and I wasn’t sure what. Maybe it needs a colorful figure. With wild orange hair? And a guitar? Or a flute? Or a …? And a colorful bird in the palm tree? There’s a temptation to cut the face into a more traditional shape, but I think I like it cut with the wonky angles straight from the scrap bag.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love the wonky angles too! Nice face...hope to see Camillas sock creature as well!!!!! Happy summer!