Thursday, June 2, 2011

FisherPoet CD Cover

Has it really been nearly two months since I’ve posted? I forgot I drew that tree house. Our next project had nothing to do with perspective. The next assignment was creating a cover for a music CD, so I went in search of an actual CD that might need a cover. My brother-in-law Jon Broderick, who organizes the yearly  Fisherpoet Gathering in Astoria, produces a yearly CD of FisherPoet songs with his friend Jay Speakman. There lastest cd can be downloaded from this page: http://www.sesameandlilies.com/links.htm

Jon sent me a list of songs which will likely be on the next CD along with some photos. I would have liked to put a relevant photo on the cover, but the assignment required a photo with higher resolution than I had. I ended up using a public domain salmon drawing from Wikimedia, and used it to create an underwater scene. I don’t know yet if they will decide to use any of what I have created or not.

"Those Days Before the Mine" is also a song title and refers to the proposed controversial "Pebble Mine" copper and gold mine in Alaska which is in the area where Jon fishes every summer.

No comments: