Monday, March 7, 2011

Dandelion Wine Illustration

Choosing a quote from a book to illustrate was harder than I thought it would be. Many of the quotes I found were very descriptive, but also very abstract, and I co uldn’t get a good mental image. Others were so detailed in the imagery, I didn’t know if I could create an image that would live up to the words. Maybe I was making the task more complicated than it needed to be.

I finally chose a quote from "Dandelion Wine" by Ray Bradbury:
“Dandelion wine.
“The words were summer on the tongue. The wine was summer caught and stoppered.”
This was one of the required reading books when I was in high school. I remember liking it then, but didn’t remember much about it, so started reading it again last summer. Then I got distracted, and never finished it. I think I will pick it up again and read it through, and maybe read the sequel “Farewell Summer” which was published a few years ago.

No comments: