Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lily Pads, Illustrator, and a Quilt

I took this photo, and a few others, of the Lily pond in the Conservatory of Flowers at Golden Gate Park a few years ago. There is a glass wall around the pond, which allows you to see the pond below the water level. I thought it interesting how there is a reflection on the surface of the pond above the plants. Here is my interpretation in illustrator. I added a crayfish based on one I found in Wikimedia.

I used the same photo in 2007 as inspiration for a Fast Friday Fabric Challenge.

6 comments:

Gina said...

Wow, impressive use of media tools! Great quilt!

Julie said...

You never cease to amaze me! The color in this is so pretty! I think you made it look very good depth wise and almost 3D! Will you frame it since it is 14.5 x 10??? It is a showstopper wherever it ends up!!!

Linda Cline said...

Thank you Julie. I don't plan to frame this quilt, but I guess I could. It has a sleeve on the back, and can hang as is on the wall.

Doreen K. said...

It is beautiful. Your art is always so gorgeous.

Diane Perin said...

Beautiful quilt, and beautiful interpretation of that lovely photo!

Vivien Zepf said...

Cool photo and great textile interpretation!