Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend Quilt Show

The Piecemakers Quilt Show this weekend was a success. My featured artist corner looked really great when it was all set up. I displayed about half of the quilts I had available in my corner booth. The other half were shown during my presentations.




My pre-show jitters vanished, and I really enjoyed doing my short half hour presentations where I showed the other half of my quilts. Halfway through one of my presentations, my parents walked in the back of the room, and Dad said, “Hey, you think you know what you’re doing?” Everyone laughed, and the short interlude lightened the mood a bit. (Hi, Dad)

After I had planned which quilts I was going to take, my husband saw this small 6” quilt laying about, “Aren’t you going to take this one?” and he was insistent that I should find a place to show this one also. I had a binder of my work in clear plastic sheet protectors, so on impulse, I slipped it into the front of the binder, and added it to my price list. And this little six inch quilt was my big sale for the day, which was great since I wasn't necessarily expecting to sell anything.

6 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

Congratulations on your show; how exciting! And what wonderful validation of your work. you have every right to be proud.

Jaye said...

Congratulations on being the featured artist. I am really thrilled for you. I am sorry that I missed the show and hope that it was a great experience for you. I hope you sold more than the one, but selling one is a great thing!

Gerrie said...

Yeah!! Looks great! I am so happy that you have had this validation of your beautiful work!!

ann said...

Congradulations! Beautiful exhibit. I would like more close ups. I especially like the small apple quilt; enjoy every stitch.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Linda! Wish that I could have been there to cheer. Your work is awesome and now publicly recognized. Well done!

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Good job, Linda. I'm glad you got a chance to show your work...this is only the beginning I know!
Cynthia