Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Irises and my Grab Bag Quilt Collection

Last week I broke in my new sketch book with some Iris drawings.


I have chosen to put stylized irises in the Grab Bag Challenge I am doing. I am making good progress, and should be done by the due date in six days. I have been doing a lot of had stitching, and will add machine quilting in a few days.

Here are some of the Grab Bag Quilts which were made for me over the years:

“Technicolor Sunflowers” by Gerri Congdon, 2004 Quiltart Challenge

This quilt was made by Yvonne Fluehr for the 2005 Piecemakers Challenge

“Sew Much Fun!” by Shelley Dawson Davies for the 2006 Quiltart Challenge

“City Five” by Julie Zaccone Stiller in 2007 for the CQFA Challenge

2 comments:

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Linda, that was really fun to see your entire Grab Bag quilt collection. You've ended up with some really great ones. The irises are looking good, such a fun flower to draw, isn't it? Can't wait to see how you use them in the quilt.

Vivien Zepf said...

I agree! It's great to see all the wonderful things you've done with fabric from others. Your sketchbook irises look lovely and I also hope you'll use them in a quilt. The succulents in your quilt, by the way, look very realistic. Well done.