Monday, February 11, 2008

Online Class Week 3 – Another Portrait

Week 3 of my class with Pamela Allen continues, and I had a chance to try a self portrait again (this time with a more abstract approach). I wonder if this attempt is more “me” than the more realistic attempt. My husband, who tends to favor more realistic art, surprised me by saying this is one of my better quilts. I am still deciding about it.

I have the eyes left to do. I was going to add them with the quilting like Pamela did with her Coffee Break quilt. But now am thinking this quilt might need eyes which will show up a bit more. I will need to experiment with making eyes, and see what seems to work.

2 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

I like it! Looking forward to it's progress.

Vivien Zepf said...

I think this looks great. I really like your fabric choices.