Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Arrowhead Marsh III In Progress

I put all of the names from the last two posts into a hat, and pulled out two. They will be going to Teri Stegmiller and Doreen Kinkaid. They will go out in the mail this week. I have enjoyed reading everyone’s comments and visiting your blogs.

Since Arrowhead Marsh II will be travelling for a couple of years, I decided to make a second quilt based on the same photo.

This quilt has more texture in the water than the last Marsh quilt. I ran out of the fabric used for the water in the first, and couldn’t find anything similar at the store. I ended up buying a couple fabrics I probably didn’t need. I used a new peach colored floral, and combined with some similar colored fabrics I had on hand for the water. I also used a new fabric for the mudflats. Otherwise, the fabrics are the same as I used for the last Marsh quilt.

1 comment:

Terri Stegmiller said...

I look forward to getting a small piece of your art Linda. Thanks for your generosity.