Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Adobe Illustrator Self-Portrait

I tend to shy away from drawing people, because it is so hard to get a good likeness. I guess that means I should draw them more, so I can get practice. But then, often enough, there is a challenge or an assignment that requires a portrait.

I am taking an Adobe Illustrator class at the local community college from the same instructor I took Photoshop from a couple of years ago. The first assignment is a self-portrait. The portrait is supposed to say something about our self, which is why there is “quilting” added in the background.

The expression isn’t quite right. I look happier in the photo I was drawing from. Otherwise, I am happy with how it turned out.

1 comment:

ChrisC said...

I like the picture, as you said it's a bit serious. I wish I could do something like that.