Thursday, August 27, 2009

Photoshop Portrait

I have survived the first two weeks of school, and have completed my first Photoshop assignment. Interestingly, this Photoshop project required no photos. Our task was to create a self portrait using the editing tools in Photoshop (selection, fill, paintbrush, …), without importing any photos. It is supposed to be recognizable (but not necessarily realistic), and say something about our self.

I used the profile photo on my blog as a reference photo, changing my hair and glasses to what they look like now. I’m not all that happy with the face, but the due date was fast approaching, and I decided it would have to do. Maybe I made the eyes too big, and maybe they could be quite a bit improved with the addition of some eyelids. And I was at a loss of how to deal with teeth.

I do like how the background turned out. I used the paintbrush tool to add “stitching”, and then placed a drop shadow behind it.

4 comments:

Carole said...

Linda... this is good... definitely recognizable. Are you doing Photoshop through your school? Online?
Love that background and the way to blouse turned out is so good, too.
Definitely looking forward to more of this.

Leah said...

i love the back to school skirts. and your comments about teeth and eyelids were funny - the photoshop class sounds interesting!!

TB said...

I'm impressed!

Julie said...

You did a great job, Linda!!! It looks so much like your photo! I really love the quilted-looking background...the whole thing reveals the real you!!! I would say you deserve an A++ on this one!!!