Monday, June 30, 2008

Why I Haven’t Been Quilting Lately (and a Sneek Peak at the Grab Bag Quilt I Received)

Well the reason I haven’t posted any of my quilting lately, is because I haven’t done much quilting lately. The day after I finished my Grab Bag quilt, I came down with the flu. There was a week when I had just enough energy to take my daughter to and from school. Then a week trying to catch up on the things I had been neglecting. Another 5 days on a Southern California & Disneyland vacation.

This week has been devoted to talking about what to do with this monstrosity.It had two working burners when we bought it with our current home a few years ago. We tried to get the two non-working burners fixed, but apparently they don’t make them that size anymore. One of the remaining burners decided a couple of weeks ago to only heat halfway, which leaves one useful burner, so we decided it is finally time to do something about it. We don’t want another free-standing range, because we want a place next to the stove to set things. Getting two people with differing ideas about the situation has been a trick. Combined with a data analyst husband who wants me to help him analyze every possible option we have for stoves, cabinets, counters, and possibly redoing the rest of the kitchen counters is making my mind completely frazzled.

To make this post quilting related, I will show a sneak peek at the Grab Bag Quilt I received from Janice Simpson.

We have been asked not to post full photos yet. There will be a CD made available with all of the quilts. I will post more information when it becomes available.

2 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

You big teaser. I can't wait to see all the quilts!

Vivien Zepf said...

Can't wait to see the grab bag quilt! Any chance they'll be posted on QuiltArt? Good luck with the kitchen renovation. It's time consuming, but can be oh so much fun in the end!