Saturday, February 6, 2016

Re-purposing Some Older Work

The San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles is asking for donations of 10 in squares fiber artwork to be sold to help with funding. The "Fiber Shot" sale will be held in conjunction with the Kaffe Fassett show beginning March 11th.

Thinking about what I could do to participate, I dug out some old design exercises which have been sitting in a box for 10 years. Two sets of identical shapes were cut freehand to make a still-life. The second set of shapes was re-arranged to create an abstract composition.
I've been uninspired to do anything with either of the pieces. The first still life was fun to make, but lacks any imagination and didn't hold my interest, so I made some sketches, and decided to cut it up and make "fruit salad". I cut it up before I could change my mind, so now I'm committed.
I plan to cut it into smaller irregular squares and mix it together with some greens and purples. The other piece may just get some borders added.

No comments: