Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Spiral & Leafy Shapes

This small quilt has changed a lot since it began. It’s beginnings can be seen two posts back on January 26. I think the design part of this quilt is done. I just need to finish the edge. I’m clueless what to name this, or if it shall remain “Untitled”. Any suggestions? I had spirals and leafy shapes in mind when I created it.

With the heavy quilting and paint, it is hardly noticeable that the areas of color are made up from tiny scraps, but up close, it adds to the layered look.






I have linked up to Nina Marie's Off the Wall Friday.

6 comments:

Bron McInerney said...

So glad you're posting again, I love to see what you are up to!

Ellen Parrott said...

I love the texture and layers of color :)

Terry Whyte said...

Unfurling came to mind -- a fern, maybe???
Love the texture and colours.

LA Paylor said...

ha! Scraps always add to a look!
I think it's bird like. Something bird ish like free color, or freefall, coasting.
LeeAnna
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

"Unfurling" is spot on...the quilt unfurled from your idea.

My first thought was "wind".

Linda M said...

Wonderful texture and color.