Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Playing with Shapes

A few months ago at our CQFA meeting we did a shape exchange. Each of us cut two shapes, and exchanged one of our shapes with another member with, the thought that each of would make a quilt incorporating both our shape and our exchange partners shape. I exchanged my tree shape with Sonja who cut a spiral.

Christmas break gave me some spare time to think about actually doing something with my shapes. I think I am going to do some sun printing and maybe some stamping in layers. I tried the idea out in Illustrator today. This also allowed me to test some colors. I think I will go forward with this project and start painting some fabric.


2 comments:

Jaye said...

Great idea! I love the overlapping effect you have created.

LA Paylor said...

very graphic shape. I also like the overlap. Wonder what you can do in series with this shape. I haven't tried sunprinting inside with a strong bulb. This is not the week, what with 8 to 9 inches of snow. I should probably be doing snow dyes, but it's just sooooo messy.
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com