Monday, October 31, 2011

Tis the Season for Costumes & Carnivals

I made Camilla a crow costume for a party. It was also the perfect costume for our booth at the church harvest carnival.

Our booth was based on the Parable of the Sower. I had originally done this booth with whiffle balls thrown into flowerpots. Since the carnival was moved to outside, I decided I didn’t want to chase balls all over the parking lot.

I decided to make seed packets out of fabric, fusible scraps, and fabric pens. I did some free-motion stitching just to make sure the fusible didn’t come loose, and added some batting and interfacing for stiffness.

A pathway, thorns, and rocky soil were added with sidewalk chalk. The kids were instructed to get the seeds in the Good Soil (the flowerpots) or the crow would eat them.

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a pretty crow!!! Those seed packets turned out so well...sounded like a neat game. Smart idea to change plans after it moved outside!!! Happy fall.