Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Day Off For Gardening


Painting just the trim has been a bigger project than I thought it would be. I overestimated the amount of paint we would need, so we are painting the back and sides as well. Why the front was in worse shape than the rest of the house, I have no idea.

I’ve been spending the evenings working out the final details for this quilt and stitching down pieces.

I started this morning pruning a bush back to make room for the ladder. Which lead to pruning back the neighbors apple tree which was hanging over the fence and brushing the house where I would need to paint. Which lead to pruning back an aeonium succulent that was taking over. I thought it was choking out my kangaroo paw plant that was nearly hidden by the succulent. But after I took out the aeonium, I found it thriving and looking as good as it ever has.

We ended up going to the store for potting soil and perennials. I repotted an aloe vera, some Christmas cactus cuttings from my mom, and some broken stems I rescued from a sidewalk. Camilla arranged a small succulent plant with some small snippets in a larger pot. The perennials got put into two large pots that needed attention.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this quilt is stunning,, do you mind me asking,, do you sew all the pieces on by hand?

Linda Cline said...

Yes, the pieces are cut freehand and left with raw edges. Each piece is getting stitched down using embroidery floss and a ladder stitch (Pamela Allen style). I will quilt it by machine when the handwork is done.

Cassy said...

The quilt looks so colorful. Nice one.

Cassy from Download Guitar Lessons